May 19, 2008

Glowworm - The Coachlight Woods

Artist: Glowworm
Album: The Coachlight Woods
Year: 2008
Genre:Post Rock, Almbient, Atmospheric Rock, Instrumental
Country:United States














Beautifully produced atmospheric rock with touches of minimalist electronics. From the sweetly serene to the breathtakingly violent, this is an essential album for lovers of fresh orchestral sounds.

In late 2006, Portland musicians Kevin Davis and Jesse Robert W. drove over 1000 miles to reach a secluded cabin in the desert of southern Utah. They removed themselves from all familiar reality, letting their recording efforts become saturated by the surrounding atmosphere. The result is music affected by a lost time and place, resonating the desert’s sweeping horizons, blood red plateaus, and ancient, hollow canyons.

Glowworm's sound is that of carefully crafted orchestral and atmospheric rock, supported by tasteful electronica. The Coachlight Woods ranges from explosive feedback-driven guitar passages, to intelligent, emotive neo-classical string arrangements. It is a reverb laden struggle through uncharted territory, offering a unique take on style in a genre too often filled with copycats.

"I just lay on my bed, played this record, and tried hard to silence my thoughts and just listen. The music made it easier. I heard no voices, I heard no words, and the emotional depth of what I was listening to felt like an invitation to search deep inside myself and watch the inner geographies and places, those that you rarely see in their entire length unless you manage to surround yourself with the right sounds. Rainy days appeared in front of my eyes. Unknown paths too, leading to the distant places I’ll walk in the future. And the music kept on traveling, in slow motion, showing me some landscapes of immense beauty and color. I step out of the bed, the cello and the drums still sounding in my head, and the rain falling peacefully though the windows. Today was the perfect post-rock day, and this album made it possible. "- Mono


 


Disclaimer: MP3s are posted for promotional purposes only and are not to be sold or traded in any way, shape, or form -- if you like it, buy it! All rights are retained by the respective artists featured. If you are an artist (or represent an artist) being featured and want me to take down a link, let me know and it will be removed immediately.